Using a local mail spool and a remote IMAP server together

Does anyone here use mutt with a local mail spool and a remote IMAP
server at the same time?

I've just got Broadband at home and I'd like to offload my mail
archives from this system where I have ssh access and limited disk
space to my home system.  I could read my mail as I do at present by
ssh'ing into here but instead of saving mail I want to keep here I
could save it on the IMAP server on my home system.  Since I will be
connecting from a static IP to home I can make it prtty secure by only
allowing access from this IP.

How easy is it to navigate between local mailboxes and remote IMAP
ones?

--
Chris Green (chris@xxxxxxxxxxx)

    "Never ascribe to malice that which can be explained by incompetence."