text/HTML mail

This seems like it should be trivial, but I haven't found the answer.

Mutt, by default, seems to display the HTML portion of an e-mail when
the e-mail is sent with both a text and html copy. I would like it to
default to showing the text e-mail instead. What setting would I change
to get it to do this?

I played around with the auto_view setting. While that did make the text
portion display by default, it also made it so that html was viewed
through my browser, instead of inside mutt as it had been previously. If
possible, I'd like it to default to showing the text portion, but still
view the html portion using the w3m -dump command, instead of piping it
out to my web browser when I ask to see it.

Any tips would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jacob

--
GnuPG Key: 1024D/16377135

Random .signature #32:
I prefer an OS made by programmers that needs marketing than an OS made
by marketing that needs programmers...
http://www.linux.org