Re: text/HTML mail

Am 2004-06-29 16:52:54, schrieb Jacob S.:
>This seems like it should be trivial, but I haven't found the answer.
>
>Mutt, by default, seems to display the HTML portion of an e-mail when
>the e-mail is sent with both a text and html copy. I would like it to
>default to showing the text e-mail instead. What setting would I change
>to get it to do this?

Gratulations Jacob...
I have the same problem...

I have tried to deinstall 'lynx' and 'html2text' but then,
if I view a multipart/alternative 'mutt' show nothing.
It tells me, to use "v" to view the attachments.

I think, this configuration is crap !
Sorry for this strong word, bit it is the reality.

>I played around with the auto_view setting. While that did make the text
>portion display by default, it also made it so that html was viewed
>through my browser, instead of inside mutt as it had been previously. If
>possible, I'd like it to default to showing the text portion, but still
>view the html portion using the w3m -dump command, instead of piping it
>out to my web browser when I ask to see it.

At me it use 'html2text' but the conversion is in most
cases crap in relation to the text/plain part

>Any tips would be appreciated.
>
>TIA,
>Jacob

Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi