Re: Using mutt with remote IMAP and local mailboxes

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 05:19:36AM EDT, Chris Green wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 04:16:41AM -0400, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:54:48AM EDT, Chris Green wrote:

> > >     Move mail from remote IMAP to local folders easily?
> >
> > yes
> >
> How is it easy?  If I can't 'navigate' by going up and down
> directories from one mailbox to the other it doesn't strike me as
> particularly easy.  Having to type in the destination (or source)
> directory is what I want to avoid.

You can type part of it and then tab your way around. . .

> I.e. I am viewing some mail in (say) a remote IMAP mailbox, I decide I
> want to copy some items from the remote mailbox to a local one.  I tag
> the messages, how do I then save them locally?  Do I have to enter the
> full local mailbox name?  (What I would really like is to be able to
> use the remote name as the local name, see the other thread recently)

That's not so easy.  I'd suggest flagging the messages, and then using a
specialized tool (mailutil from the UW-IMAPd distribution comes to mind)
to move flagged messages from your IMAP server to your local system,
mirroring the mailbox structure.

HTH,
 - Dave

Please visit this link: