Re: Which type of mailbox to use?

* Larry Alkoff <labradley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [06-12-04 05:11]:
> I had planned to use maildir format with Mutt but have found out it's
> quite different from what I'm used to. First, each maildir has at least
> three subdirs (cur, new, and tmp). Secondly it is not clear how I would
> implement subdirectories that are also maildir folders, and sub-sub
> directories etc.
>
> I'm thinking of using the old mbox format even though there are
> problems with speed and locking.

I have a large repository of too ancient postings and am satisfied with
mdir on a 733mh box.  There have been many discussions of switching
between mdir/maildir/mh over the last few years, one reciently about
mdir/maildir.  Several command-line solutions were cited.  Please look
in the archives.
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos