Re: Which type of mailbox to use?

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 10:54:56PM EDT, Larry Alkoff wrote:

> I'm thinking of using the old mbox format even though there are
> problems with speed and locking.

I'm now using IMAP with WU-IMAPd (the default IMAPd for Slackware),
and mbx (not mbox) format as the back end.  This format claims to be the
fastest non-directory format around, hands down.  It's pretty damn fast
for me, even working through the silly IMAP connection.  The advantage of
IMAP, of course, is that it provides you with a lot more functionality
than a maildir.  The advantage of mbx format is that it preserves all
info from the original mbox, and indexing is lightning quick.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel