Re: Cursor jump when tagging a message

Hi Matthew,

On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 17:36:00 -0500, Matthew D. Fuller wrote:
> > when tagging a message the cursor should jump to the next undeleted
> > message and not to the next entry. This would be better because
> > tagging deleted messages normally makes no sense.
>
> You seem to be making rather broad declarative statements of personal
> preference    8-}
>
> I think the majority actually feel the opposite; I know *I* do.  The
> only time I want to go to next-unread is when I explicitly ask for
> that.  However, the beauty of mutt is that many things like this are
> easily done by putting together a macro and just using it.  Maybe
> something along the lines of
>
> macro index t <tag-entry><previous-entry><next-unread>
>
> It will act strangely if you try and tag the last message, when there
> are no messages, but that's not too much of a concern I'd think.

thanks for your suggestion. I thought my personal preference would
also be the preference of the majority. Normally deleted messages have
no purpose anymore and there is usually no need for operating on them.
Tagging a number of undeleted messages in a row to move them to a
different folder or doing something else with them would be much faster
this way.

Best regards

Jens