Re: Cursor jump when tagging a message

On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 12:04:06AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Jens Paulus, and lo! it spake thus:

> when tagging a message the cursor should jump to the next undeleted
> message and not to the next entry. This would be better because
> tagging deleted messages normally makes no sense.

You seem to be making rather broad declarative statements of personal
preference    8-}

I think the majority actually feel the opposite; I know *I* do.  The
only time I want to go to next-unread is when I explicitly ask for
that.  However, the beauty of mutt is that many things like this are
easily done by putting together a macro and just using it.  Maybe
something along the lines of

macro index t <tag-entry><previous-entry><next-unread>

It will act strangely if you try and tag the last message, when there
are no messages, but that's not too much of a concern I'd think.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx