Re: Starting to run Mutt

Spiro Trikaliotis <trik-news@xxxxxx> wrote:

> > If their MUA doesn't support Mail-Followup-To:, then clearly they
> > should upgrade to one that does -- like mutt.
>
> Are there really that much mailers which generate and honour a MFT
> header? From my understanding, it is not that widely adapted as the
> people on this mailing list here want to make us believe, is it?

mailers do as well, but since I'm a mutt user, I don't follow them that
closely -- I seem to recall seeing that at least some of Evolution, Sylpheed,
Mozilla mail, Thunderbird, and some others support it.

In addition, /every/ MUA that sends mail by invoking /usr/sbin/sendmail or
similar on a qmail system has support for MFT -- qmail-inject supports the
MFTFILE environment variable to allow this.  A trivial wrapper can be written
around /usr/sbin/sendmail on other systems to accomplish the same thing;
perhaps this has already been done.

Other MUAs with at least some support for MFT are nmh, Shruiken, Gnus.  This
list is incomplete.

There's no reason not to use MFT, nor to try to kludge around others' non-use
of it.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                             <mutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GPL'ed software available at:     http://www.qcc.ca/~charlesc/software/