Re: Meta-Macro's and General Folder-Hook Question

Patrick wrote:
> * Stef <stef@xxxxxxxxx> [06-07-04 20:40]:
> >
> > ah. but you see, theres the rub. I am in an enviroment where i am using
> > a remote IMAP machine with -0- ssh/telnet/rlogin access.
>
> Are you accessing the imap mail from different computers?  If not, why
> not use fetchmail -> procmail -> mutt and perform the operations on
> your own machine the way you want?

As you say, that would be great, if were i
worked I had 'one machine'. The policy where
i work is to have machines that you 'sign onto'
and all files are stored on network storage.

I have a large (read huge) quota for email, but
very small in comparison for storage (i know, i
know, i dont make the rules where i work, so i
cant even begin to explain to them that they are
both the same - in theory ;)

so, storing them on client side is not really
feasible, otherwise, yes, i would agree with
you in regards to fetchmail (i use that at
home with msmtp and mutt to get around the
silly block on port 25 :)

I take it that i am 'out of luck' with getting
a 'folder-hook' to run on folder change then :\

thanks anyway
Stef
As you say, that would be great, if were i
worked I had 'one machine'. The policy where
i work is to have machines that you 'sign onto'
and all files are stored on network storage.

I have a large (read huge) quota for email, but
very small in comparison for storage (i know, i
know, i dont make the rules where i work, so i
cant even begin to explain to them that they are
both the same - in theory ;). The funny/tragic
thing is, i get around 600 work emails a day,
of course, most of them i would put into +junk
if i had my way.. but.. ;)

so, storing them on client side is not really
feasible, otherwise, yes, i would agree with
you in regards to fetchmail (i use that at
home with msmtp and mutt to get around the
silly block on port 25 :)

I take it that i am 'out of luck' with getting
a 'folder-hook' to run on folder change then :\

thanks anyway
Stef
(ps. i am still interested in any solution to
 'meta-macros' though :)