Re: Meta-Macro's and General Folder-Hook Question

Patrick wrote:
> * Stef <stef@xxxxxxxxx> [06-07-04 18:45]:
> >     My other small question is even simplier, but something that I
> > cant seem to find. Do folder-hooks (on ! obviously) work as and when
> > 'new mail' comes into the spoolfile ? If not, is there anyway to set
> > this up ?
>
> You will find that procmail assign delivery of mail to specific
> folders based on procmail's regex and/or perform operatins on that
> message based on the results of it's regex.

ah. but you see, theres the rub. I am in an
enviroment where i am using a remote IMAP
machine with -0- ssh/telnet/rlogin access.

I have it so that I can filter using a macro
and place emails where i want them, but of
course, it would be -really- beneficial if
there was some way to filter on new inbound
email (i was hoping that it was something i
hadn't thought of :)

I am still interested if you can come up with a
working 'meta-macro' though :D that would help
immensely.

regards
Stef