Re: Meta-Macro's and General Folder-Hook Question

* Stef <stef@xxxxxxxxx> [06-07-04 18:45]:
>       My other small question is even simplier, but something that I
> cant seem to find. Do folder-hooks (on ! obviously) work as and when
> 'new mail' comes into the spoolfile ? If not, is there anyway to set
> this up ?

I can answer this one, have to ponder a bin on the first.

No, folder-hooks are settings or commands which are executed based on a
regex matching the folder you enter.

See para 3.5. 'Setting variables based upon mailbox' of TFM.

You will find that procmail assign delivery of mail to specific
folders based on procmail's regex and/or perform operatins on that
message based on the results of it's regex.  But, if you have used
mutt for 'a few years', you alread know this.

gud luk,
HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos