Re: multiple entries in send_charset

 On Thursday, October 16, 2003 at 10:12:45 AM +0200, Andrei A. Voropaev wrote:

> I opt for 2 terminals since UTF-8 is either too hard to configure or
> simply is not supported well enough.

    Anyway once you get the 2 terms concept, you can easely add an UTF
third to hack it's config until it works ;-).

> The only thing that I was missing (or better to say had extra :) was
> that 'set charset' in my muttrc.

    People with -HAVE_LANGINFO_CODESET can do it with something as:

| set charset=`case $TERM in \
|   putty-latin-1) \
|     echo iso-8859-1;; \
|   putty-koi8-r) \
|     echo koi8-r;; \
|   putty-utf-8) \
|     echo utf-8;; \
| esac`

    Or with cases based on ${LC_ALL-${LC_CTYPE-${LANG-C}}}

> When I send email Content-Transfer-Encoding is supposed to be 8bit.

    The compose screen displays the encoding, so you can be sure before
sending.

> But when I receive it (I send to myself) the transfer-encoding is set
> to quoted-printable. Is it possible that one of MTA's changes it?

    Yes, possible. My present émail is sent L1/8bit, and AFAICS will be
dispatched 8bit by the list. How do you receive it? Is there any
"X-MIME-Autoconverted:" field in header?

> ISO-8859-5 is barely used by anyone. Most of people are either on
> Windows with CP1251 or on Linux with koi8r

    Thanks. So a $send_charset of "...:koi8-r:koi8-u:windows-1251:utf-8"
could be good for every Cyrillic user, whatever terminal he uses?

Bye!    Alain.
--
Messages are better readable when formated on 72 columns, word-wrapped
without justification.