Unicode on macs (was: [Mutt] #1317: wish $edit_charset)

Hi,

* Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> $ cat > foo
>
> Then type "abé" (without the quotes), then [BackSpace] twice, then
> [Return] and Ctrl-D, then "cat foo". This is not just a mere bug,
> this can be seen as data corruption!

Well, that gives me a file containing just "a". Just because the UI
looks almost the same, 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5 (all 3 being actively used I
suppose) differ quite a lot. What version do you refer to?

With a default install of (IIRC) fink stable, I got a zsh that doesn't
support multibyte encodings and which breaks when you type multibyte
chars and use backspace. If you meant to trigger such a case with the
above example, the standard library can't be blamed for broken apps.

With 10.5, the minor issues I had with 10.4 are gone.

Rocco