Re: [Mutt] #1317: wish $edit_charset

Hi,

* Derek Martin wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 09:36:11AM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> > No, you did not understand the problem and what the user wants. The
> > user wants to edit the message in UTF-8 even though his terminal uses
> > another charset.

> I understood perfectly well.  I just think this is pointless.  Set
> your locale to UTF-8.  The reason he wants this is to avoid
> configuring his system properly.  Mutt should not be in the business
> of providing hacks to make it easy to do the wrong thing.

Mutt has $config_charset which, for the same reason, should be
deprecated if I follow your argumentation because setting UTF-8
everywhere would make it'd be superflous.

I'm not sure we can and should generalize that all editors involved
really derive their encoding from $LC_ALL and friends, especially using
GUI editors.

Rocco