Re: UI enhancements

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 01:15:32AM -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> the current code base desperately needs to be abandoned, and a fresh
> rewrite started with modularity and modernization in mind.

that sounds like a revolution - and doesn't make too much sense from a
mutt perspective. it would be much more efficient to have a look at the
other ~1e3 mailers, pick a code-wise well-done one and build "mutt-like"
features into it. starting Yet Another Mailer (TM) and calling it Mutt
2.0 would be just a waste.
if, otoh, you mean major refactoring to the current code base rather
than abandoning it ...

i for one would love mutt having a gui but other than that still being
mutt when $DISPLAY is set.