Re: UI enhancements

Hi,

* Derek Martin [07-09-03 01:15:32 -0400] wrote:
On Sun, Sep 02, 2007 at 10:08:08AM +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:

The panel is conceptually *EXTREMELY* different from an application's
menus and dialog boxes.  There are no GUI apps I can think of that
have menus pop up on the bottom of their windows.  Can you name some?

Eclipse has at least one, though I doubt that counts.

It's not about noticing, but about causing minimal confusion.

It's hardly confusing.  The typical user is highly accustomed to
interacting with GUI applications, virtually 100% of which have dialog
boxes pop up either in the middle of the main window, or (more
commonly) in the center of the screen.  A great many curses-based
terminal-oriented programs behave this same way.  This is now decades
old, well-established, cross-platform behavior.

Well, it's not confusing per se. But I can imagine it to be confusing in the sense that some UI prompts with this patch will be made as done now (i.e. focus on bottom of the screen) and others via dialogs being centered.

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!