Re: [ANNOUNCE] mutt 1.5.16 released

On Sunday, June 17 at 05:23 PM, quoth Vincent Lefevre:
No code at all, unless you consider the parameter substitution to be code... which I don't.

But I assume that you're not able to give a mailcap that works under Mac OS X without a line of code.

Well, he may not (and, if he doesn't use OSX, he shouldn't have to), but I can:

    image/*; open %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.jpg
    text/html; elinks -dump -force-html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput;
    application/pdf; open %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.pdf
    application/msword; open %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.doc
    application/excel; open %s; copiousoutput; nametemplate=%s.xls

Now, granted, I have a few more entries in there than just that, and I have a bunch of test= settings so that I can use my mailcap unchanged across lots of different computers, but those entries above will work just fine, with nary a line of code in sight.

Granted, I also *assume* that elinks exists and is installed, but since I'm the guy that installed it, I think that's safe to assume. But its easy to add test= entries, like so:

    text/html; elinks -dump -force-html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput; test=type
elinks &> /dev/null
    text/html; links -dump -force-html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput; test=type
links &> /dev/null
    text/html; lynx -dump -force-html %s; needsterminal; copiousoutput; test=type lynx
&> /dev/null

Is that code? I don't think so, but... maybe to some people it seems like code.

~Kyle
--
I'm as fond of my body as anyone, but if I can be 200 with a body of silicon, I'll take it.
                                                       -- Danny Hillis