Re: [ANNOUNCE] mutt 1.5.16 released

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 11:51:34PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2007-06-16 13:59:13 -0400, Derek Martin wrote:
> > Only if you're a programmer.  Lots of people who use Mutt are not.
>
> Only people who use vi under Solaris 10 or SCO are affected. And one
> can assume that these people are programmers (and for the very few,
> if any, who are not programmers, one can assume that they know how
> to ask for some help).

On what basis can you make such an assumption?  It's completely
ludicrous.

I used to manage Solaris machines in a manufacturing lab full of
technicians who used a Solaris workstation to do their job, but didn't
know the first thing about programming.  Some of them read their mail
on those Solaris machines.  There were about 50 of them.  I seriously
doubt my shop was the only one on the planet.  Your statement is
utterly and completely ridiculous.

> > Using this script method, the user has (or may have) no reason to
> > think his edit session failed.  Mutt always gets an exit status of 0,
> > and does not check to see if the file was changed.  The user will
> > naturally assume that everything went fine, and send the message.
>
> This is a bug.

This simply makes no sense at all.

-=-=-=-=-