Re: mutt cache sensitivity

On Friday, March 30 at 03:29 PM, quoth Rocco Rutte:
So... you're telling me that pointers are no longer stored in the hcache? Mutt (with hcache) no longer relies on malloc returning predictable results?

No. Pointers are still stored. We don't really update the hcache so that pointers could be an issue.

... I guess you mean that pointers aren't *restored*?

The checksum thing is only to ensure that a message was memcpy()'d with the same structure as the mutt instance trying to read the message.

Ah, fair enough.

~Kyle
--
Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud, after a while you realize the pig is enjoying it.
                                                           -- Unknown