Re: mutt cache sensitivity

Hi,

* Kyle Wheeler [07-03-29 08:41:06 -0600] wrote:
On Thursday, March 29 at 02:34 PM, quoth Rocco Rutte:

Second, these problems are more or less solved. The header cache does checksum validation on its own, so we only need to bump an internal id field upon each incompatible layout change. Mutt then silently does the right thing. The crashes are mostly gone, the only symptom should be that mutt exits with "out of memory" (which is horrible, but better than crashing).

So... you're telling me that pointers are no longer stored in the hcache? Mutt
(with hcache) no longer relies on malloc returning predictable results?

No. Pointers are still stored. We don't really update the hcache so that pointers could be an issue.

The checksum thing is only to ensure that a message was memcpy()'d with the same structure as the mutt instance trying to read the message.

  bye, Rocco
--
:wq!