Re: mutt cache sensitivity

On Wednesday, March 28 at 02:07 PM, quoth Brendan Cully:
It seems to me that mutt should cache messages to a temporary location and only move them into the official message cache once the message has been fully downloaded.

Sounds like a fine plan. It should be about the same amount of work to unlink the file on failure though.

True, but that's only if it failed in a good way. If it failed because... well, let's say I accidentally open up a message someone sent me that's big (oh, like 50 MB). I decide I'm not in the mood to download it all and figure out what to do with it, because I'm in a hurry, so I kill mutt (ctrl-\, because ctrl-c won't stop a download). The cache will be corrupted, because mutt didn't get a chance to unlink it out of the cache.

~Kyle
--
In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him.
                                                       -- Dereke Bruce