Re: Mutt 1.5.14 on Freebsd Display Problem

On Friday, March  2 at 01:45 PM, quoth Rocco Rutte:
I narrowed down the problem with ncurses. I had WITH_MUTT_NCURSES=yes set in my /etc/make.conf file. Removing the line and letting mutt compile with the default slang library fixed the problem.

Maybe somebody should file a bug report against the ports system that mutt cannot be properly with used with ncurses in an UTF-8 environment? I haven't really looked since I compile my own version against ncurses from ports with UTF-8 support, but unless there's a make variable to accomplish the same, I think the port is broken (or the system ncurses without UTF-8 support).

Mutt works fine with ncurses in a UTF-8 environment, as long as ncurses has been compiled with wide-character support.

~Kyle
--
It is easier to be critical than to be correct.
                                                 -- Benjamin Disraeli