Re: What's needed for mutt 1.6?

    Hi, Brendan Cully!

Sometime (on Monday, February 26 at 18:55) I've received something...
>>     When it will be time to include NNTP support into Mutt? It is very
>> stable for years (as old as century) and is need by many people so they
>> have to patch all Mutt sources by themself (and still no localizations
>> are available for NNTP because it's patch).
>>     Please, don't start any war again - using some sorts of external
>> programs (that are still mail<->news gateways) isn't efficient way to
>> work with NNTP due to many unavoidable restrictions.

>I'm still not convinced mutt should be a newsreader. But Michael
>Elkins has mentioned an interest in creating a plug-in system for
>mutt, which I think would be a fairly nice way to add NNTP support
>without having to patch mutt itself. I think it's a good idea, and one
>I've even started on myself a couple of times in the past.

    Anyway none of newsreading code is available in Mutt until you enable
it by --enable-nntp. Of course, plug-in system is nice way (IMAP and so
on may be done by that way too) but that way have some complexities too,
localizations for example. And mentions of plug-in system is too old too,
may be even older than NNTP support so I'm not sure if it will be done
sometime. Sorry. So I think we can add optional NNTP support into current
tree and move it into plug-in when time comes. :)

    With best wishes.
    Andriy.