Re: The future of mailboxes?

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 05:39:14PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:

> Thus, if part of your mail is in a database, then having all your mail in
> the database is a sensible and straightforward choice.

This depends on which viewpoint you're coming from - basically, whether the
stuff in the database is an optimisation which lets you do certain things
[faster], or the stuff in the database *is* the mail.

From the point of view of interoperating with, well, anything else, the
first option would seem more sensible.

(This is starting from the assumption that sticking this metadata in
databases is a good plan, which I'm unconvinced of.)

--
Paul