Re: The future of mailboxes?

On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 07:52:42PM +0200, Nicolas George wrote:
> For a long time now, I have been unsatisfied by the principle of sorting
> mails into mailboxes.
[ ... ]
> Is anyone interested in, at least discussing the matter? I have given some
> thoughts on details of a possible implementation, and I would like to share
> them.

I'm a user of mutt, not a developer, so perhaps I'm not qualified to
discuss the implications of changing the backend to support your vision,
but I would doubtless love the end result. :)

Often I wish to query my big pile of mboxes for all mails sent by a
specific user containing a specific word.. I've got an mbox of all
incoming mail that I sometimes use when I can't figure out which of a
dozen mail lists a specific target mail might have come from.

But I'd be quite happy to help, such as I can, in advancing the cause of
good database backend and vfolders support.