Re: Attachment counting feature at risk.

On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 07:33:29PM +0000, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> In order to provide this information, mutt needs to fully MIME-parse
> all messages affected first.

> This can slow down operation especially for remote mail folders such
> as IMAP because all messages have to be downloaded first regardless
> whether the user really wants to view them or not.

just for clarification ... this is not a problem of imap, but of mutt's
inefficient use of it: imap provides FETCH of BODYSTRUCTURE (or some
similar name), so the whole parsing can be done by the server. of course
that won't work for encrypted messages, but i think i heard that the
feature currently doesn't work in that case anyway.