Re: Attachment counting feature at risk.

* On 2006.04.28, in <20060428204644.GE2788@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Thomas Roessler" <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At this point, I'm quite inclined to drop the current
> attachment counting feature from CVS -- what we have now is
> general, it gives correct results, and it's awfully
> inefficient.
>
> Please scream *now*.

Perhaps obviously, I do use it, and I've heard from others who use
it.  The patch, when it was committed, was at rev. 8 in part because of
exhanges with other users who went beyond "~h Content-type: multipart"
variations.

I'm certainly willing to review this and try to make corrections, if
you're willing to keep the feature if fixed.  It's clear that there is a
bug in the code.  But do remember that it doesn't come up at all unless
you're using %X/~X, so there's no harm to performance in the immediate
term.  The only damage (if you're not asking for it) is in code purity.

I've posted a poll to mutt-users, since I don't think a weekend question
to mutt-dev will be very representative.  I'll report on what I hear.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago