Re: Patches

On 2006-04-28 08:59:49 -0500, David Champion wrote:

> This isn't IMAP-specific; it affects all attachment counting
> conditions.

Ah, ok...  Reading "problem with IMAP" triggered the "ask
Brendan" code path in my brain. ;-)

> It eliminates the code that releases cached MIME parse
> trees, so it will bring Thomas's concerns about memory bloat
> to bear, where they presently are not an issue.

so, if I get the descriptions of what happens here right, it
would be enough to have the index code cache that it knows
about attachment counts, instead of either re-parsing MIME
parts, or keeping trees around?

(We have had a patch a long while ago that lead to keeping all
the parse trees around, and that one had a significant and
measurable impact.  So I don't want to go down that way.)

--
Thomas Roessler · Personal soap box at <http://log.does-not-exist.org/>.