Re: Patch to CVS

> The main advantage of this feature in pine was that it would
> automatically save the mbox with the 'deleted' flags when it (or
> rather the terminal/ssh) crashed so you didn't "unloose" all mail.

With the patch I coded up it wouldn't save data from a crash.  I only
change the routine that synchronizes.  I thought about this but, many people,
myself included have enormous mail boxes, writing to disk every time
you delete a message would get 'expensive'.

> I don't know how useful writing mboxes with deleted messages in them
> is in normal operation.

Depends on how you read your mail for some people it is vital.

--Nick