Re: Patch to CVS

Re: Brendan Cully 2006-04-05 <20060405173535.GD32093@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > Here is a patch to add a rcconfig variable "save_dflag" which effects
> > mbox mailboxes.  It allows users to save delete flags if the decide
> > not to purge on exit.  Let me know what you think.
>
> I think it's useful. IMAP and I believe maildir both save the deleted
> flag when you choose not to purge, so this just makes things more
> consistent.

Ooooh, that would rock! I've been wanting that for years, that's the
last thing I'm missing from pine :) Mutt already understands the flag
when opening mboxes, but didn't allow to save it so far.

> Is it even necessary to make it optional?

The main advantage of this feature in pine was that it would
automatically save the mbox with the 'deleted' flags when it (or
rather the terminal/ssh) crashed so you didn't "unloose" all mail.

I don't know how useful writing mboxes with deleted messages in them
is in normal operation.

Christoph
--
cb@xxxxxxxx | http://www.df7cb.de/