Re: header_cache broken in cvs

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 02:17:38PM -0800, Brendan Cully wrote:
> thanks. It appears that your courier IMAP server isn't supplying a
> UIDNEXT value on SELECT. This violates RFC 3501 (section 6.3.1), so
> I'm not 100% convinced mutt should work around it, but give this patch
> a try...

RFC 3501 is only the latest version of the IMAP4rev1 specification
RFC, which AFAIK is not even officially a standard.  It was published
only 3 years ago, whereas IMAP (and SELECT without UIDNEXT) predates
it by an additional 12 years.  If mutt doesn't support older versions
of the protocol, I'd say that means mutt is broken.  There's lots and
lots of old code out there, folks...  (For example, the existing
stable version of mutt essentally predates RFC 3501.)

My $0.00000002 worth...

-=-=-=-=-