Re: Feature request: missing attachment (was: tag-push and tag-pop for tag-prefixing macros)

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 22:30:31 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
: Nicolas Rachinsky <mutt-devel-0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

: > And, of course, I forgot to attach it. :(

: Familiar problem :-/ I believe this is somewhat typical for a text
: mailer - it's more difficult to add the attachment as you type it. With
: GUI mailers and even PINE with its tightly integrated editor, it's
: easier since you can just move to or click on the "Attach" zone/field.

: Does anyone think it would help to add a list of Body matching patterns
: that cause a warning and 2nd question if no attachments are found when
: trying to send a message?

Actually, I was thinking about this earlier.  Personally, I'd find an
'Attach:' pseudo-header (as I use header editing) exceptionally useful.
ie, when writing an email, an 'Attach: ' header would be presented, and,
if filled in, or more added, each file referenced would be added as an
attachment.  If anyone's interested in such a thing, drop me a line and
I'll write a patch; I'm currently between contracts and have a small
amount of time.

: Alternatively, how about a question for attachments that is integrated
: into the "send message" window - I wonder if that works or fails because
: we stupid humans all get used to the question and type "no attachments"
: on most messages.

And the majority of mails don't have them.  I'd probably turn it off or
just hit 'no' by default before my brain kicked in to stop me.

--
Dickon Hood

Due to digital rights management, my .sig is temporarily unavailable.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.  We apologise for the
inconvenience in the meantime.

No virus was found in this outgoing message as I didn't bother looking.