Re: Copyright years

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006, Brendan Cully wrote:

On Sunday, 15 January 2006 at 05:33, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
The copyright years should be updated to 2006.

Thanks. I've just applied a fairly conservative update. I'm not sure what
to do with files that have been edited but where the copyright is
currently just by ME. Maybe they should be changed to ME and others...

in turn, that can lead to some awkward situtations (as I observe over in the *BSDs where some developers copy the 1992 Berkelely copyright notice word for word into new code).

It's hard to say what in this case without noting how much the other
changes were (a line or two isn't going to change the copyright notice,
but new functions would).

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net