Re: ML-config changes

 On Saturday, November 5, 2005 at 16:22:29 +0100, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

    [admin_body and admin_headers]
> I'm sure some items should be removed, but I won't decide that all
> by myself. Comments/discussion welcome.

    Hum... That's very complicated! Filter as much as possible admin
requests, without any single false positive... Well no, that seems
impossible with keywords: Would need scoring, IMHO. Anyway enhancing
this is badly needed, so we trust you ;-).

> taboo_header:
>| Content-type:.*gb2312

    I'd say filtering out on charsets is not wise, and more generally
such single keyword filtering is a far from optimal technique.

 On Monday, November 7, 2005 at 17:18:27 +0100, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

> So we (can) stick with the "/html" and "/alternative" types?
> Just for mutt-dev, or other lists, too? GLOBALly for all?

    No HTML globally, with a flaming notification of reason of post
rejection bounced.

    BTW base64 CTE should be allowed, IMHO. It's sometimes not user
controlable (mailer or MTA config), or voluntary maybe to demonstrate a
bug, or to preserve some control chars in text, or such. And I can see
no usefull benefit in return for filtering.

    [size-limit]
> So, you prefer what, ... 50KB compressed?

    Hum... I'd probably prefer the 110Ko limit that would have filtred
only obvious inadequates. But that's sowewhat too permissive? Go 50Ko?

 On Tuesday, November 8, 2005 at 16:10:50 +0100, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

> There is also a header-line size-limit active at 4xx chars, which was
> reached by my references line of my multireply and replies to that

    What could be the intent? Anti-X-Face or such? Whatever: It catches
legitimate posts, so the method is bad.

> Do not reply to this msg, start a new thread with "header-line
> size-limit".

    This would break the thread: Better I'll trim my references (which
are folded anyway).

 On Thursday, November 10, 2005 at 15:13:34 +0100, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

> We yet have to see impact of the changes on the moderators. There is
> still spam coming through (despite sub-only posters).

    But way less, no? Only spam faking sender as member. Which does
happen, but is no majority?

> The checks for admin keywords are disabled for mutt-dev. For other
> lists they are moderated, but they are limited now to a few _full_
> words only.

    A MU post quoting muttrc with (un)lists and (un)fhofpevor commands
will be catched?

> There are still some minor tweaks I need to look after, but basically
> it's done.

    Much thanks, Rado!

Bye!    Alain.
--
Messages are better readable when formated on 72 columns, word-wrapped
without justification.