Re: mutt-users

Hi Rado!

 On Monday, November 14, 2005 at 13:10:37 +0100, Rado Smiljanic wrote:

> [=- Alain Bench wrote on Wed  2.Feb'05 at 12:43:12 +0100 -=]
>> There are probably more people needing resending.
> Ehh, the moderation queues are clear now, I don't know what you mean.

    Well yes, thanks to your shaking of filtering rules, resending
worked this time, without moderation stage. At least for this 9 monthes
old post you're replying to. ;-) Note it contained the "fphofpevor"
admin word. More to come from prehistoric museum, stay tuned.

> If there is a separate queueing system for hash keys, then only Steve
> can clear those, I'm not aware of how to access them.

    I probably was mistaken about anti-dupe filter. It was a naive guess
based on the fact that some legitimate posts were blackholed, silently
without moderation notice, and that any number of reposts anytime
(<bounce-message> under the same msgid) also silently failed. I could
not imagine admin words were interfering.

>> there is a nice side-effect, that is all three ugly web-based
>> archives listed on mutt.org are stopped. A victorious step forward in
>> the glorious fight against the dreadfull web. Champagne!
> 3?! Christoph's archive seems functional.

    :-) Not when I wrote that. CB's Lurker archive was not yet listed at
mutt.org then. In fact Christoph has started his Lurker just at that
time. He suffered from the kick-off, but has fully repaired since then.

    Historical reminder: In mid-December 2004 an MJ2 incident dropped
all members out of mutt-users list. Human members, and archiving robots.
The incident was noticed only much later, at end of January 2005.
Everybody had to resubscribe. Many humans have not resubscribed, and the
mutt-users readership and traffic is still today reduced to a small
fraction of before, even now 9 monthes later. And if some archives have
resubed and filled gaps, like Christoph's or Gmane, most other are dead,
like Yahoo!Groups, mailing.unix.mutt-users, or Google Groups. Unsure
about MARC. I notified them without reply nor apparent effect.

    Conclusion: When reading me you see wordings like « A victorious
step forward in the glorious fight against the dreadfull [something] »,
you can be sure I'm serious. First degree. Trust me. :-)

Bye!    Alain.
--
Users?!?
See the archives for more discussion on why this should,