Re: mutt-users

[=- Alain Bench wrote on Tue 15.Nov'05 at 15:18:34 +0100 -=]

> I probably was mistaken about anti-dupe filter. It was a naive
> guess based on the fact that some legitimate posts were
> blackholed, silently without moderation notice, and that any
> number of reposts anytime (<bounce-message> under the same
> msgid) also silently failed. I could not imagine admin words
> were interfering.

There is an anti-duplication mechnism active: mj2 remembers a hash
for each msg, and when it reappears, it's mod-queued.

As previously mentionend, moderation didn't take place because of
spam. Now that spam is gone, moderation returns.

Moderated words in the body are now reduced to "unsub..." only and
some more variants in the subject. The original list (as you could
see at the posted URL) had caught far too much.

Actually, AFAICS, those 2 hash + unsub keywords are the only cases
calling for moderation now. Anything else will bounce with msg
telling why.

> { ... historic comments ...}
> :-) Not when I wrote that.

Uh, I failed to notice it was really an old repost rather than
your date/time being wrong. :(

Was that just "FYI" or did you actually expect some reaction (from
me)?

> {...} And if some archives have resubed and filled gaps, like
> Christoph's or Gmane, most other are dead, like Yahoo!Groups,
> mailing.unix.mutt-users, or Google Groups. Unsure about MARC. I
> notified them without reply nor apparent effect.

If anyone of you wants to reactivate or add new archivers for our
MLs, please take care you add only those who anonymise addresses
in their interfaces so bots can't grab them.

> Conclusion: When reading me you see wordings like « A victorious
> step forward in the glorious fight against the dreadfull
> [something] », you can be sure I'm serious. First degree. Trust
> me. :-)

Oh, Ok. :)

Even if it seems insignificant, in fact EVERY effort counts
for a shared task, at least to show your deserving attitude.