Re: case-insensitive alias tab completion?

Hello Christian and Will,

 On Thursday, November 3, 2005 at 13:27:34 +0100, Christian Ebert wrote:

> why don't you change all your "Foo" aliases to "foo"?

    Readability.

> * William Yardley on Wednesday, November 02, 2005 at 17:32:27 -0800:
>> someone has both a "foo" and a "Foo" alias
> IMHO it's quite practical to be able to discern between either
> "William" or "william" ;-)

    Wait a second: Mutt's aliases *are* case-insensitive. One can't have
both foo and Foo: If both are declared in muttrc, only the last
survives. While <create-alias> rejects the second as duplicate.

    So it would seem perfectly natural to have a case-insensitive
completion. Now it may perhaps be a user preference, having "johnone"
and "JohnTwo", completing either j<Tab> or J<Tab> to full, instead of
j<Tab> giving "john" only and futher [ot]<Tab> required to full. I don't
know? Situation dependant pref?

    BTW spotted an oddity. muttrc:

| alias JohnDoe John Doe <first@xxxxxxxxxxx>
| alias JOHNDOE \"John Doe Jr.\" <second@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    Aliases menu:

|    1      JohnDoe      "John Doe Jr." <second@xxxxxxxxxxx>

    Last overwrote first, normal. But retaining the first alias casing.
The same happens when entering alias at <enter-command> prompt. That's a
bug, isn't it?

Bye!    Alain.
--
Give your computer's unused idle processor cycles to a scientific goal:
The Folding@home project at <URL:http://folding.stanford.edu/>.