Re: [ADDON] multi-localized attributions

On Sat, Oct 15, 2005 at 07:49:15PM +0200, Alain Bench wrote:
> It outputs UTF-8, uses $config_charset to be compatible with any
> $charset, and BC's $my_vars to save value.

Hmmm...

>     Example on a GNU system:
>
> | $ ./attributer fr_FR
> | set my_save_config_charset="$config_charset"

Is '$' the same character in all charsets?  Since this line is in
UTF-8, but we haven't yet told mutt that it is in UTF-8, couldn't this
fail on systems where the character code equal to the ASCII value of
'$' corresponds to a different character?

While not the same, I'm thinking of the case of '\', which is the same
in most European charsets, I believe...  But in at least some Asian
charsets corresponds to a monetary symbol.  For example in ko_KR/EUC-KR
it is ₩ (though I think this glyph that I've used is technically the
wrong glyph), the symbol for the Korean Won, and I think Japan uses it
for ¥ also.

> | set config_charset="utf-8"
> | set attribution=" Le %d, %n écrivait:\n"
> | set date_format="%A %-d %B %Y à %-H:%M:%S %Z"
> | set locale="fr_FR"
> | set config_charset="$my_save_config_charset"
> | unset my_save_config_charset

Otherwise, cool idea.  :)

-=-=-=-=-