Re: How to display format=flowed (and other topics)?

On 2005-10-14 | 14:23:50, Thomas Roessler wrote:
Please send messages either privately or to the list.  Please do not
send the same message twice.

Sorry, I intended to send the message to the list but got it wrong the first time. I guess I got to used to the lists abusing Reply-To, maybe I should rebind 'r'.

To quote from RFC2822:
        There are two limits that this standard places on the number of
        characters in a line. Each line of characters MUST be no more than
        998 characters, and SHOULD be no more than 78 characters, excluding
        the CRLF.
Ever heared of quoted-printable?  This quote has *zero* relevance to
this discussion.

1.) quoted-printable is not backwards compatible, messages appear gibberish in user-agents that do not support it
2.) how would you create soft line-breaks with mutt? or vim?

Tom

--
GMX - Die Totengräber des Message Exchange
http://www.hostmaster.org/GMX.html