Re: mutt/1296: iso date/time format by default

On 2005-09-28 | 19:20:36, Rado S wrote:
As non-US-native (majority) I consider 24h time-format as best choice.
As human (majority, too ;) I consider the month-abbreviation as
preferred over numbers only date-format, because of potential
confusion by numbers only: it's hard to tell which part the month
is, it's still too often used ambiguously.

After y2k there remain only two date formats that may be confused: DD/MM/YYYY and MM/DD/YYYY. This is why ISO-8601 places the year first and makes the format unambigous.

Tom

--
PGP encrypted mail preferred - KeyID 96FFCB89
finger thomasz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx for key