Re: For 1.5.10: assumed_charset

Hi Alain,

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Alain Bench wrote:
>  On Tuesday, August 23, 2005 at 7:39:21 AM +0900, Tamotsu Takahashi wrote:
>
> > * Sun Aug 21 2005 Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
> >> What's new in Takashi's tt.assumed_charset.2?
> > Nothing new. The code has been a little easier to read (using
> > mutt_substrdup and safe_strdup), but no features added.
>
>     But he separated $assumed_charset and $file_charset features into
> two patches, just as you. Obviously a good idea. Also remarqued he came

Oh, I don't remember such an old assumed_charset patch. :)
I just compared patch-1.5.8.tt.assumed_charset.3 and the latest one.

> back to pl1 for the 1.5.10 assumed_charset, do you know why .1? That's
> confusing.

Probably it means his first patch for 1.5.10.

> >> What are your changes in tt+tamo.assumed.3?
> > masking of unconvertables [in headers]
>
>     Fine, and again thank you! Why Takashi hasn't integrated this
> important fix? AFAIR there was no negative effect on multi-charsets
> autosensing for Japanese.

He lost his passion for maintaining his patches,
mostly because mutt maintainers keep refusing it.
He is still trying to read my patch, but he is too busy.

> > Assumed_charset patch is already mature.
>
>     And helpfull in numerous situations. I frequently see user problems
> solved nicely by the patch. I wish one day a committer will seriously
> consider integrating $assumed_charset.

Yes. I remember TLR once agreed, or was it just a dream?

--
tamo