Re: your mail

On 2005-08-01 10:16:48 -0700, Will Yardley wrote:
> FWIW, the "party line" on this one is "try mairix". I realize that's
> not quite the same as having a built in feature, and may not do
> everything you want, but you might want to try that in the meantime.

IMHO the whole point of virtual folders is to be able to modify the
folder (e.g. delete messages) and be able to cycle through them.
Mairix doesn't do that.

This would be useful for large-bandwidth mailing-lists that could
have user-specified limit patterns.

For instance, for Mutt, one may want to store all Mutt-related
messages into one folder, and have virtual folders for mutt-dev,
mutt-users, messages sent to the BTS, and so on, with possible
intersections, and be able to modify the settings on the fly.

This would be basically <limit> with additional features, in
particular being able to do a <limit> inside a virtual folder
very easily.