Re: [1.5.9 bug] Mutt discards the \ character before a digit in "To:"

On Sun, May 22, 2005 at 08:52:48PM +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
> > I don't think this is important, but this is a bug anyway, IMHO.
> > I also wonder if it doesn't hide a more important bug.
>
> The '\\' char represents a YEN mark with some Japanese fonts.
> It must be important, it concerns money. ;)

Now that you mention it, it is also used to represent the Won sign for
KRW on some Korean character sets/fonts.  Maybe it's a semi-universal
monetary symbol code?

> For example, currently I can't send a message to "A \100-shop owner."
> (Derek should know there are such shops in Japan. Those shops
> sell various goods for 100 yen.)

Indeed.  I got many souveniers at such a shop in Sapporo.  It was a
great find, because everything else in Japan is so expensive... ;-)

-=-=-=-=-