Re: Fwd: Re: [1.5.9 bug] Mutt discards the \ character before a digit in "To:"

* Fri May 27 2005 Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
> On 2005-05-27 10:33:39 +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:
> > * Fri May 27 2005 Vincent Lefevre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > > OK, it seems to work, but I still get inconsistent results after the
> > > mail is sent, if I send the mail to 2 accounts. Single backslashes
> > > are always removed. But \\ is translated as \ on the first account,
> > > and completely removed on the other account.
> >
> > You use namequot3-patched mutt on one account and normal mutt on
> > another, don't you?
>
> Hmmm... yes, I didn't know that Mutt displayed it differently with
> your patch.

Me, too.
Until I confirmed your report, I had not known that vanilla mutt
displayed it incorrectly.

"\\" should not be ignored.
Now I think my patch fixed one more bug.

> BTW, the copy in +sent doesn't contain the double-quotes. Is it OK?

I've found two cases in which we get different results with qmail:

0) To: "\A \\B" <ab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
+sent -> To: "\A \\B" (nothing changed)
recip -> To: "A \\B"  (one slash removed by qmail)

1) To: \A \\B <ab@xxxxxxxxxxx>
+sent -> To: \A \\B (nothing changed)
recip -> To: A "\B" (quoted by qmail)

Hmm, I think there's no problem.
But I'm going to read RFC2822 again.

> > Please look at the raw message files. They must be the same.
>
> Yes.

Thank you.

FYI, You can confirm that a sent message and the FCC (in +sent)
are the same, by doing...

0) create ~/bin/fakesendmail (and "chmod +x" it)
 #!/bin/sh
 cat > /tmp/fakesendmail.$$

1) run mutt and type
 :set sendmail=~/bin/fakesendmail

2) send a message and see /tmp/fakesendmail.* and +sent

--
tamo