Re: Any tips for moving to 1.5.9? Which patches have already been applied?

On Sat, Mar 19, 2005 at 10:18:09AM +0100, Thomas Glanzmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > I was just wondering how folks are handling that situation?
>
> I am using bitkeeper[1] to handle this.
[...]

There are several free (as in free speech) alternatives to
bitkeeper, which handle that working style very well. Examples are
GNU Arch (which I'm currently using), svk, darcs, ...

Distributed revision control systems (such as the programs named
above) are the right solution for the patch-hell problem the
original poster was talking about.

Cheers,
Greek0