Re: Any tips for moving to 1.5.9? Which patches have already been applied?

Hello,

> I was just wondering how folks are handling that situation?

I am using bitkeeper[1] to handle this. There is one tree which tracks
CVS HEAD. Than I have one child-tree (clone) per feature. I import
upstream changes in there and fix conflicts on a per feature basis. This
also includes sometimes kicking the tree because the feature got
included upstream completely. And than I have a working repository where
I pull from all the features.

                        # # # # # # # # # # # #
                        # mutt cvs repository #
                        # # # # # # # # # # # #
                       /           |           \        (bk pull)
                      /            |            \
                # # # # # #   # # # # # #     # # # #
                # h-cache #   # cstatus #     # ... #
                # # # # # #   # # # # # #     # # # #
                    \              |             /
                     \             |            /       (bk pull)
                       # # # # # # # # # # # # #
                       #      my mutt tree     #
                       # # # # # # # # # # # # #

That way I can also report upstream on a per feature basis.

> Also, is there a way for me to find out which patches have in fact been
> applied to the release?  Some of the patches I apply may of already been
> incorporated, but I'm not sure how to figure that out.

I don't split up upstream changes on a 'per commit' basis but I have
them on a daily basis. If you like I can extract the per day deltas of
mutt cvs head into patches for you. I did this one for the debian
maintainer^Wsubmitter.

        Thomas

[1] BitKeeer
        http://www.bitmover.com/