Re: For 1.5.9 - fixed smime-encrypt-self patch

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Christoph Ludwig wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 06:06:33PM +0900, Tamotsu Takahashi wrote:
> > The problem was fixed last year.
> > You can add "encrypt-to YOURFINGERPRINT" to your ~/.gnupg/gpgsm.conf.
>
> Oh, sorry, I misunderstood you.
>
> But when I try to add "encrypt-to FINGERPRINT" then mutt's gpgme backend fails
> silently: If I choose "sign as" and enter "cludwig" then I don't get a list of
> my certificates anymore but I am prompted for a selection criterion
> again. Looking at the GnuPG logs in kwatchgnupg I see that gpgsm successfully
> validates the certificate I specified in the "encrypt-to" directive, but it
> does not do anything else. Here is the log with "encrypt-to" (with abbreviated
> signature values and hash values):
<snip>

Then you were in "for(;;)" in crypt_ask_for_key() in crypt-gpgme.c.
And, I guess that crypt_getkeybystr() failed to return valid keys.
More guess is that get_candidates() returned NULL.

But I haven't figured out where the bug is.

get_candidates() uses mutt_error() for most errors, but it does not
use mutt_sleep() after the error. So you can't see the error if
another error is shown right after that.
So, if you want to debug it, you can replace mutt_error("%s",e)
with dprint(5,(debugfile,"%s",e)), configure with "--enable-debug",
and invoke mutt with "-d 5". Error messages will be recorded in
your ~/.muttdebug0.

crypt_getkeybyaddr() uses mutt_message() and dprint().

--
tamo