Re: short assumed (was: alternates (was: What should go into 1.5.7?))

On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 11:31:13PM +0900, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 12:42:30PM +0100, Alain Bench wrote:
>
> >     The fix for Vincent *seems* nearly OK: Whatever setting, C case is
> > converted at best, and unconvertables are correctly ?-masked. But... Not
> > in $assumed_charset=us-ascii default setting: A and B are correctly
> > masked, C is pass-thru. Ideally C should be masked as A and B.
> >
> >     And there probably should be a legacy mode where A is masked, and B
> > and C are pass-thru. Reintroduce $strict_mime bolean? No: Better when
> > $assumed_charset is unset or has an empty component. And probably legacy
> > mode should be default.
> >
> >     The meaning of "us-ascii" should be "us-ascii", not a special case
> > trigger. Evil in-band signalling and such.
>
> Thank you for the thorough audit.
>
> If you are in a hurry, please see
> http://www.momonga-linux.org/~tamo/patch-1.5.7.tt+tamo.short_assumed_file_charset.2
>
> I haven't tried it out.
> I'll do it tomorrow, because I am drunk tonight.

I tested it and found no bug. (surprise!)
But I corrected the description about file_charset and
released patch-1.5.7.tt+tamo.short_assumed_file_charset.3.

$file_charset is a bug fix.
Please apply this patch in the CVS, Thomas.

--
tamo