Re: Charset of an edited message with $editor

 On Saturday, December 25, 2004 at 1:23:27 AM +0100, Vincent Lefèvre wrote:

    [composing a new message or a reply]
> editors are able to deal with encodings that are different from the
> current locales (e.g. it could be interesting to use UTF-8 as the
> encoding for file contents, though the editor could be started in
> various locales, the advantage being that the quoted characters in a
> reply would never be replaced by something else).

    Yes, very interesting: The $editor_charset wishlist #433/#1317.
Would also permit things like on Win32 using Mutt in a console in OEM
charset, while using Notepad as editor in ANSI charset (or UCS-2 where
available). Slrn permits that thru $editor_uses_mime_charset variable,
in some limited way.

    I'm not aware of a solution: Workarounds provided in #433 are highly
suboptimal.

Bye!    Alain.
--
NNTP? Usenet?
See the archives for more discussion on why this should,